Watermelon mint cooler recipe, a refreshing summer watermelon drink with a touch of mint and lime.
With the temperature soaring day by day, all it calls for is some chilled fruit juices, cool lassi’s, buttermilk or chilled thandai. You can find pinterest and instagram flooding with shots of these chilled beverages.
Talking about Instagram, the trending topic of summer is mangoes and the amazing mouth watering pictures of the recipes prepared from the same, cheesecakes, panacota and lassi to name a few. And these amazing photographs just makes you literally drool through your phone. We can also find its other relative, watermelon also posing mostly as some amazing cooler drinks.
Though last year I had posted a picture of this water melon mint cooler in my instagram profile, I had not given a serious thought of posting this recipe, until I saw some beautiful stills of the various watermelon cooler drinks and wanted my blog too have some shots of the amazing pink vibrant drink.
Though through out the year we enjoy this amazing drink, we enjoy this as popsicle by pouring the drink to moulds and freezing them overnight during summer. All it asks for is fresh watermelon, some mint leaves and lime. So just fix this quick watermelon mint cooler this summer, and beat that heat!!!.
Some tips for best watermelon mint cooler
- Choosing the watermelon – always choose the one which are heavy, I do not mean the biggest one in the shop, but one which feels just full for its size and not hollow.
- The yellow colour in the rind where they were lying on the ground means its fully ripened and they tend to be sweet.
- Sweet watermelon do not need any sweeteners. But if you want to add sweetness you can add sugar, maple syrup or honey.
Watermelon mint cooler
- 3 cups watermelon cubes deseeded
- 2-3 fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp sugar optional
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Keep 3 cups of chopped watermelon handy. Make sure to remove all the seeds, if watermelon is not seedless.
- In a blender, blend watermelon, mint leaves, sugar and lime juice to a smooth drink.
- Fill serving glass completely with ice cubes. Now pour the juice to the glass.
- Serve it chilled.