Strawberry milkshake recipe – an easy quick drink with strawberries and milk blended together.
Visit to a wholesale market in outskirt of Dubai was planned this weekend. Even though we had never been to the market before, nor we knew the roads leading us there, we thought of just following the commands of our GPS lady. By missing some two-three exit lanes, disappointed that we could not make it on planned time, we finally saw a board leading us to the market.
As we stepped in and moved towards the market, we were delighted with the sight of fresh, different bright colours of vegetables greeting us. Bonanza was it was sold in much cheaper price, even though we had to buy them in bulk as it was whole sale market. After loading our cart with vegetables and fruits, we had come to an end of our shopping spree, but what stopped us were these sweet scented, vibrant pink coloured strawberries. For which we made some space in our cart and also spent some extra dirhams.
My first thought on this strawberry milkshake recipe post was, it is very simple to b e posted. But the beautiful pink colour of the drink could not stop me from posting it here. In this recipe I have used full fat milk, and blended strawberries in it with little sugar. Adding a scoop of vanilla ice cream will make the milkshake thicker and even tastier.
When choosing strawberries, choose the ones that are firm, unblemished and with bright green caps attached. Strawberries like other berries are rich source of antioxidants and vitamin C.
Serve strawberry milkshake chilled or with some ice cubes.
Strawberry milkshake recipe | easy strawberry milkshake
Serves : 3 people
Preparation time: 10 mins
2 1/2 cup strawberries, hulled (green stem removed) and chopped
4 cup full fat milk, chilled (1 cup = 250ml)
3 tsp sugar
Step by step method
1. Clean and rinse strawberries. Wipe it with clean kitchen towel. Now remove the green step part, and chop them roughly.
2. Take chopped strawberries and sugar in a blender/grinder.
3. Blend it to smooth puree.
4. Add milk and blend it again. Serve it chilled. ____________________________________________
1. Add scoop of vanilla ice cream for thicker milkshake.
2. Add sugar as personal taste.
3. Strawberry seeds, which are very tiny in size will be settled at bottom of the blender. You can discard that portion, if you dont like it in your milkshake while serving.