Rava ladoo recipe | suji ke laddu | how to make rava laddu recipe – Easy mangalore style recipe, where semolina / rava is rolled to sweet balls along with cashew nuts, raisins, ghee and flavoured with cardamom.
With Ugadi (New year) on the bay, and as festivals always calls for sweets, here I’m with easy mangalore style rava ladoo recipe. I choose the recipe this year because it requires very less time to prepare and makes an excellent option for homemade sweet, to distribute among friends.
This is a fool proof success recipe which I learnt from my mum-in-law. She always makes nearly 100-150 ladoos every Deepavali to distribute among friends, neighbours and relatives. Last year I got a opportunity to closely see and assist her in making these.
So here I’m with this rava ladoo recipe. Please give a try and let me know how it turned out. Enjoy !!!…
Rava ladoo recipe | suji ke laddu | how to make rava laddu recipe
Makes : 18 ladoos
Preparation time : 5 mins
Cook time : 25 mins
1 1/3 cup semolina / rava (Bombay rava) / suji
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp ghee
1 cup sugar
3 1/2 tbsp. warm milk
5-6 green cardamom, husked
1 tbsp. cashew nut, chopped
1 tbsp. raisins
Step by step method
1. Sieve rava, and keep it aside.
2. Grind 1 cup of sugar along with 5-6 husked cardamom to smooth powder in a mixer grinder.
1. Heat 1/3 cup of ghee in a wide heavy bottomed wok/ kadai in medium flame.
2. When ghee is melted add rava. Note that ghee should not be very hot, otherwise it will burn rava. So make sure to adjust the flame from medium to low as needed. Roast rava till it turns golden. It requires about 20 mins roasting in medium to low flame.
3. Mean while in a small pan heat 1 tbsp. ghee. When ghee is hot add raisins and cashew nut and fry it till golden. Once done switch off the stove.
4. Once rava is roasted, move it to wide plate.
5. Now add powdered sugar when rava is hot.
6. Mix well.
7. Keep adding little by little milk till you can shape it into ladoo. I needed 3 1/2 tbsp. milk for the above rava measure.
8. Mix again.
9. Now add fried raisins and cashew nut along with the ghee and mix it.
10. Start making lime size ladoo’s when the mixture is still warm. Once the mixture is cooled making ladoo will be difficult because the mixture crumbles.
11. The above measure makes about 18 lime size ladoo’s.
1. Good rava ladoo recipe calls for perfect roasting, so make sure rava is properly roasted till golden by adjusting the flame from low to medium.
2. If the mixture turns dry when making ladoo add milk little by little to the required consistency.
3. It is always better to start making ladoo’s when mixture is of manageable heat, because later when cooled it turns dry thus making it difficult to shape ladoo.
4. When stored in tight container ladoo’s go well for a week.