Kanda poha recipe | poha recipe – tasty maharastrian breakfast or tea time snack prepared from poha which means flattened rice or beaten rice with onion, green chilies and garnished with coriander leaves.
Kanda poha recipe which means kanda = onion and poha = flatten rice is a quick breakfast recipe which can be prepared under 15 mins. So this is my regular breakfast option which I prepare weekdays. At home we all love poha, and we do prepare sweet poha, kara poha, batata poha for our breakfast.
Squeeze a lime and serve kanda poha topped with grated coconut or thin sev with a cup of hot tea.
Poha recipe | kanda poha recipe
Serves : 2 people
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cook time : 7 mins
2 cup thick poha/beaten rice/flatten rice
1 large onion finely chopped
2 green chili finely chopped
2 tbsp groundnuts roasted
1 1/2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp coriander leaves
1 spring curry leaves
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
salt to taste
Step by step method
1. Rinse poha couple of times under running water in a colander. Poha should turn soft but it should not become mushy.
2. Heat about 1 to 1 1/2 tbsp oil in a saute pan. Once oil is hot add mustard seeds.
3. As mustard seeds splutter add green chili and saute for a minute.
4. Add onion.
5. Add curry leaves.
6. Saute onion til it turns translucent. Add turmeric powder, sugar and salt .
7. Mix well.
8. Add roasted groundnut and mix.
9. Add soft poha in batches and mix it evenly.
10. Add coriander leaves and mix it.
11. A lime can be squeezed as well and poha can be garnished with grated coconut or with thin sev.
1. If you like it spicy ,more chilies can be added as per your taste.