Lassi recipe | sweet lassi recipe | how to make lassi at home – chilled yogurt drink flavoured with sugar and cardamon, a quick and easy summer drink to prepare at home.
One of the most loved yogurt drink through out India is Lassi. Lassi is a blend of yogurt, water, spices and sometimes fruit. Traditional lassi is a savoury drink, sometimes flavoured with ground and roasted cumin. Sweet lassi, however, contains sugar or fruits, instead of spices ( Source: wikipedia ).
If you are following my recent posts, you must be familiar with the summer food I’m posting, and also my continuous chant on the heat and the soaring temperature. I try to post seasonal recipes in this space, but sometimes due to lack of time I stick to simple, quick and easy recipes.
It had been almost 10 days since I posted a new post, so wanted to post an easy recipe which I prepare on day to day basis. The recipe which me clicked was this yummy sweet lassi recipe, for which all the ingredients were readily available in my kitchen. To prepare lassi, traditional churner is used to churn yogurt / curd. You can use wired whisk if you do not have the traditional churner.
So here I’m with this easy sweet lassi recipe, guys give a try and tell me which lassi flavour you like the most.
Lassi recipe | sweet lassi recipe | how to make lassi at home
Serves : 2-3 people
Preparation time : 10 mins
2 cups thick curd / yogurt
1/2 cup water
3 tbsp sugar
4 green cardamon, husked and powdered
2 almonds, chopped, for garnishing
Step by step method
1. Take 2 cups of thick yogurt in a wide bowl.
2. Using a wired whisk, whisk it smooth such that it is creamy and has no lumps.
3. Add sugar and mix it till sugar is dissolved completely.
4. Add 1/2 cup water and whisk again. If you like a little thin consistency add another 1/2 cup of water.
5. Add powdered cardamon and mix well.
6. Whisk continuously, till it turns frothy.
7. Now pour it to a serving glass and garnish with chopped almonds. Serve it chilled.