Indian style deviled eggs recipe – healthy, creamy, tasty and a perfect crowd pleaser recipe.
If you have been following this blog since it started, you might have noticed my second blog post was stuffed egg recipe. I do not know why I named the post so, when I could have done it as Indian style deviled eggs recipe.
As I was checking out all my drafts and published recipes, I found out this was the recipe I promoted the least and so thought of rebuilding a post for the same with the same old pictures I had clicked back in 2015.
HOW TO MAKE INDIAN STYLE DEVILED EGGS
This recipe can be prepared with pantry staple ingredients and minimum amount of time. And the main ingredient, no guesses required is hard boiled eggs.
The method I follow for perfect hard boiled eggs is, first boil the water and then simmer them for about 10-12 mins and put off the stove. Move them to cold water and allow them to cool completely. Peel them off and eggs are ready to go for the recipe.
Now let’s begin with the recipe.
- Slice the hard boiled eggs into halves.
- Remove the yolk and mash it with a fork. Make sure there are no lumps, so as to get the creamy texture and keep the white’s aside.
- Now heat about 2 tbsp cooking oil in a pan in medium flame. Once oil is hot add chopped onion. Cook till onion turns translucent.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, green chilies and fry for 1-2 mins.
- To this add chopped tomatoes and cook till it softens. Incase you find it too dry sprinkle some water. Make it mushy by using back of the spoon.
- To this add turmeric powder, pepper powder, garam masala powder, salt and mix well.
- Once the masala is ready, keeping the heat medium add the mashed yolks. If you find it too dry add little water to get the creamy texture. Once done switch off the stove.
- Now take a spoon of prepared yolk masala and fill the egg white cups.
- Garnish with a coriander leaf and Indian style deviled eggs are ready to serve
You may even like :
- Anda bhurji – Indian street style scrambled eggs
- Goan mackrel cutlets – delicious, full of flavours cutlet recipe.
Indian style deviled eggs
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1 medium size onion chopped
- 1 medium size tomato chopped
- 1 long green chilli finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger parlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
- coriander leaves for garnishing
- Slice the hard boiled egg lengthwise.
- Remove the yolk & mash it to smooth using fork.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a saute pan keeping the flame medium & add onion. Fry till onion turns translucent.
- To this add ginger garlic paste, chopped green chilli and fry for 1-2 mins.
- Now add tomatoes & cook till it softens. Sprinkle some water if needed.
- Add turmeric powder, pepper powder ,garam masala powder, salt & mix well.
- Add mashed egg yolk to the masala.
- Mix well. Add little water if masala turns very dry and mix again. Once everything is well mixed up cook for a minute and switch off the stove.
- Fill egg white with prepared egg yolk masala.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve as a starter.