Fruit custard recipe – a creamy easy dessert recipe made with custard powder, milk and fresh fruits, which can be served to a large crowd when hosting get together’s and parties.
Today I want to add my own happiness line, ” Happiness is eating fruit custard”. I believe each one have some memories associated with childhood and fruit custard. Custard had played some part in our childhood. But all I remember is, it would just lift my mood when it was served.
During summer holidays, custard powder packets would always make its space in our monthly grocery list.
Fruit custard would be served only as a dessert for guests usually, but during summer vacation mum would prepare this dish and refrigerate and serve when our hungry souls came home demanding food after hectic time spent in playground.
Fruit custard would be served for friends visiting our home and the same would be served when we visited theirs. But trust me each one felt this- friend’s mum’s fruit custard recipe tasted more good than our own mum’s recipe.
As sun is turning very harsh these days, we have topped our refrigerator with homemade buttermilk, ice lolly’s and fruit custard being the recent addition. This is a very easy recipe which can be prepared in a jiffy. I’ve used easily available fruits in this recipe – apple, banana, grapes, strawberry, pomegranate and mango. I would say apple and banana are must in this recipe.
Serve fruit custard chilled and enjoy this with your loved ones, recreating new custard memories.
Let us begin with fruit custard recipe
1- Peel the skin of banana, apple and mangoes. Chop the fruits into cubes. Mix all the fruits together. To this add 1 tsp sugar and mix well. Refrigerate till it is cold.
2- Bring 500 ml (2 cups) of milk to boil along with 3 tbsp of sugar mixed in it in medium flame.
3- From the same milk, take 2 tbsp of warm milk and mix 2 tbsp of custard powder without forming any lumps.
4- Once milk reaches boiling point turn off the stove.
5- Add custard mixture to hot milk, continuously stirring without forming any lumps.
6- Now put back custard container to stove, and keep stirring it continuously in low flame, till the mixture thickens. Once you get desired consistency put off the stove and allow it to cool. Once cooled refrigerate it till it is cold.
8- Mix fruits and custard solution before serving.
8. Serve it chilled.
Also check our favourite dessert recipes –
- Mango agar agar -vegan mango jelly
- Kesari bath – semolina pudding flavoured with saffron.
- Rava ladoo – sweet semolina balls.
Fruit custard recipe
- 2 cups full fat milk (1 cup = 250 ml)
- 2 tbsp custard powder
- 1 cup chopped banana
- 3/4 cup chopped apple skin peeled
- 3/4 cup chopped mango skin peeled
- 5 grapes quartered (seedless)
- 5 strawberry chopped
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp sugar
- Chop the fruits into cubes. Now mix all the fruits in a bowl. Add 1 tsp of sugar to it and mix well. Refrigerate till it is cold.
- Mix 2 cups of milk with 3 tbsp sugar. Bring this milk to boil in medium flame.
- From the same milk, take 2 tbsp warm milk. Add this to 2 tbsp custard powder and mix without forming any lumps.
- Once milk is boiled switch off the stove.
- Add the custard mixture to the hot milk, mix it without forming any lumps.
- Now put back the custard solution vessel to the stove, keeping the flame low. Stir continuously without forming any lumps till the mixture thickens and turns creamy. Put off the stove.
- Let it come to room temperature naturally. Once cooled refrigerate till it is cold.
- Just before serving, mix fruits with the custard.
- Serve it chilled.