Coconut curry leaves chutney recipe | coconut kadi patta chutney – slight dry chutney recipe with fresh grated coconut and fresh curry leaves which goes very well with dosa, and rice.
Mom prepares different chutney recipes back home. Though for dosas it would be coconut chutney, red peanut chutney or tomato chutney, but she prepare variety of chutneys as a side with rice. And these chutneys would be with super strong flavours that just a chutney would be sufficient to empty whole plate of rice.
Curry leaves, due to its special aroma is commonly used in seasoning, which adds special flavor to every dish. They are packed with vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin E and is a good source for strengthening hair and treats hair fall.
Serve hot hot dosas, rice with this coconut curry leaves chutney.
Coconut curry leaves chutney recipe | coconut kadi patta chutney
Serves : 2 people
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cook time : 5 mins
1 cup fresh grated coconut
2 strings curry leaves (28-30 leaves)
4 shallots/pearl onions
3 green chili
1 inch ginger
2 tbsp water
salt to taste
Step by step method
1. Keep all the chutney ingredients handy.
2. Grind all the ingredients with adding minimum water. I added 2 tbsp water.
3. This chutney can be served as a side with steamed rice, congee and goes well with dosas too.
1. Add chilies as per your taste.
2. You can even temper chutney ,if needed with mustard seeds, garlic and red chili and urad dal.