Chilli prawns is a recipe which I prepare when we feel like having some indo chinese food at home.Seafood have always been favourite in my family. And among them prawns are the ones which we love the most either in biryani or as prawns fry and even in curry.
This recipe is my tried and tested way of preparing chilli prawns. It is a dry recipe. I’ve used medium sized prawns here, as I think this will be the best size for this recipe. I’ve dusted prawns with all purpose flour (maida) for deep frying to get crispy prawns. Corn flour can also be used for this purpose. I’ve used tomato sauce, which can be skipped if you do not like sweetish taste. And this is a monosodium glutamate (msg) free recipe.
Serve hot chilli prawns with fried rice or just with simple steamed rice as a side dish.
Chilli prawns recipe
- 200 gms prawns peeled & deveined
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour (maida)
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 medium size onion finely chopped
- 1 medium size tomato finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 3 green chilli slit
- 150 gm capsicum chopped
- 40 gm spring onion chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- coriander leaves for garnishing
- salt to taste
- mix all purpose flour(maida),pepper powder & salt.
- dust the prawns in the mixture.
- heat the oil in a pan & deep fry the prawns.
- remove prawns once it is golden brown.
- in the same pan add about 3 tbsp of oil,& fry onions for 3 mins.
- add ginger, garlic & saute for 3 mins.
- add green chillies & tomatoes.
- add little water and allow tomatoes to cook till it becomes soft.
- add salt, chilli powder & mix well.add soya & tomato sauce & mix.
- add capsicum & spring onions.
- add fried prawns & mix well. saute for 3 mins.
- garnish with coriander leaves & serve hot.