Chicken 65 recipe – a south indian vibrant recipe with, deep fried chicken chunks tempered with curry leaves and spices.
As we were deciding lunch menu for our friends visiting us, chicken 65 was chosen as starter by husband. I happily agreed as I had prepared this dish number of times and always received bunch of praises in return.
This chicken 65 recipe , is an easy recipe which can be prepared in very less time and also can be served to large crowd with minimal effort.
Boneless chicken is ideal for this recipe. I’ve used chicken breast in this recipe. For vibrant red colour you can use edible food colour , but I’ve not used it in this recipe as I have used kashmiri red chili powder which also gives slight red colour. Chicken is marinated with yogurt together with other spice and is allowed to rest for about 45 mins. Then the chicken chunks are deep fried and tempered with curry leaves, garlic and green chilies.
This tasty chicken 65 is an excellent starter when hosting any get together.
Chicken 65 recipe | how to make chicken 65
Serves : 4 people
Preparation time: 5 mins + 45 mins
Cook time : 15 mins
4 tsp kashmiri red chili powder
3 tbsp thick curds
2 tbsp cornflour
1 tbsp rice flour
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste (ground in motor-pestle)
1 tsp lime juice
1/2 tbsp black pepper powder
1/4 tsp tumeric powder
1/4 cumin powder
1/4 tsp coriander powder
2 garlic cloves minced
1 spring curry leaves
2 green chilies slit
2 tbsp oil
pinch of black pepper powder
pinch of salt
Step by step method
1. Clean, wash and rinse chicken. Cut it into small cubes and keep it aside.
2. For marinade keep all the dry ingredients chili powder,cornflour,rice flour,cumin powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder, salt handy along with curds.
3.Mix all the ingredients along with ginger garlic paste,lime juice and pepper powder.
4.Marinate the chicken very well and allow it to rest for 45 mins to 1 hour. I rest it for 45 mins.
5.Heat oil in kadai/wok . Once oil is hot fry marinated chicken pieces without crowding it.
6. Once it turns golden and crisp remove it from oil.
7. Place fried chicken in tissue to absorb excess oil. Repeat the same for remaining chicken pieces.
8.For tempering, take about 2 tbsp of hot oil from kadai to a saute pain . Add curry leaves, minced garlic, slit green chilies, pinch of black pepper powder and salt and saute for 2 mins.
9. Now add fried chicken pieces and mix it well and saute for a min or two.
10. Transfer chicken pieces to a plate and serve it as a starter.