Hot pakodas in cold weather, is a favorite teatime snack all over India. Cabbage bhajiya or cabbage pakoda is one such pakoda, which we enjoy with a cup of tea in this cold winter.
Pakodas are prepared by taking ingredients such as onion, brinjal, potato, cabbage, cauliflower, capsicum, paneer & so on, by dipping them in a batter of gram flour.
This Indian dish is commonly known as pakoda, pakora, bajji & bhajiya.
Cabbage is one of the super food.
The high content of vitamin C & sulphur in cabbage removes toxins.The high potassium in cabbage,helps by opening up blood vessels,easing the flow of blood. Since cabbage is available in almost all seasons in the market, cabbage pakoda can be prepared anytime when one wishes to eat it.
Cabbage pakoda is an excellent option to feed kids who usually do not eat cabbage ,by serving it with colourful dips such as pudina or tomato chutney.
Serve hot delicious cabbage pakoda or cabbage bajji with tomato ketchup.
Cabbage pakoda recipe | Cabbage bhajiya | Cabbage bajji
- 250 gm cabbage
- 200 gm gram flour
- 2 long green chilli finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp gram masala powder
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tbsp fennel seeds
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- salt as per taste
- oil for deep frying
- clean cabbage & cut it into long thin strips.
- add gram flour (besan) ,chilli powder, garam masala ,green chilli, cumin & fennel (saunf) seeds, coriander leaves, asafoetida & salt .
- mix well.
- add water & mix again.
- get consistency as below.
- heat pan & add oil as needed. keep the stove in medium flame. now put spoonful of the prepared batter to oil.
- allow it to fry.
- once fried remove from oil.
- serve it hot.