Buttered corn recipe | how to make buttered sweet corn – quick and very tasty cooked corn flavoured with butter and crushed pepper.
Food blogging, I never thought making little time every week to post simple recipe in this space would give me so much joy. Cooking has always been ‘my kind of spa’ to relax my mind from the hectic schedule of office hours. Though my husband spoke at times of having a cook, due to our busy schedule in weekdays, I never encouraged the thought as I always told him, cooking relaxes me which he too agrees.
If you are following my blog from last month, you may find I’m posting simple, quick yet delicious recipes one each week. This has been the constant posting which I’ve followed, which has been one of my resolution from past 3 years ;). All these recipes are tried and tested in my kitchen, before being posted for best results.
Talking about today’s recipe, it is a quick and tasty sweet corn cup or buttered corn recipe which usually you find in stalls outside cinema theaters, in malls, fairs, sea side walks and supermarkets. I’ve always been a big fan of this sweet corn cup. The buttered aroma just draws me to them, just as you find jerry being pulled towards cheese in tom & jerry cartoon.
When you are hungry and feel like snacking on something delicious, just make this under 15 mins buttered corn recipe and enjoy.
Buttered corn recipe | how to make buttered sweet corn
Serves : 2 people
Preparation time : 5 mins
Cook time : 10 mins
1 cup sweet corn kernel
1/2 tbsp butter
1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
salt to taste
Step by step method
1. Rinse corn kernels couple of times in clean water and keep it handy.
2. Cook corn kernels in pressure cooker adding sufficient water in medium heat for 3 whistles. I added little salt while cooking corn. Do not add too much salt when cooking if in case you are using salted butter later. I used amul salted butter.
3. Once pressure cooker is cooled off, remove corn and strain any excess water. Allow it to cool off a bit.
4. Add butter, crushed pepper, salt as required.
5. Mix everything such that corn is well coated with butter. Add more butter if you like it so.