Bread tikki is one of the easiest tea time snack which can be prepared in a jiffy. Bread is the best and easiest available ingredient these days. It is the most reliable breakfast partner. Just make a quick bread omelette, or just have it as a toast with butter or jam. But some times bread is just left as it is and we check it just before a day or two of its expiry. In that case this bread tikki recipe will be an excellent way of using the bread.
I remember, my mother preparing different evening tea time snacks when we came back home after school. And bread tikki is one of them.
As the name says bread tikki, tikki means small cutlet like snack. Vegetables of your choice can be added to this recipe to make it more healthy and also the spice level can be increased or decreased as per the personal taste. You can choose any bread of your choice but do try to avoid milk bread as it is little bit sweet. I have used brown bread in this recipe.
Try this new bread tikki than regular aloo tikkis for a change. Serve them hot with tomato ketchup.
Bread tikki recipe
- 6 slices bread
- 100 gm potato boiled & mashed
- 1 large onion chopped
- 15 gm coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- salt to taste
- oil for shallow frying
- tear the bread to small pieces.
- add mashed potato, chopped onion, coriander leaves & mix well.
- add salt, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, lime juice & mix well.
- make round flat tikkis.
- heat oil in tawa & shallow fry tikkis on both sides till it becomes golden brown.
- remove them once fried.